Radio-frequency plasma possesses high energy density, strong heating strength, and its plasma arc is huge. Due to no electrodes available, it can not generate polluting products caused by electrode vaporing.
The principle of radio-frequency plasma powder balling technology refers to that inert gas (like argon) is ionized under the effect of high-frequency power supply and formed as hot inert-gas plasma; and the irregular raw powder is sprayed by vector gas (nitrogen) into the plasma through powder feeding device, and these powder particles absorb large amount of heat in hot plasma and their surfaces are melted rapidly; then these melted powder are sent into reaction device by extremely high speed, and chilled down under inert gas environment. Consequently, they are cooled down and solidified into spherical powder by surface tension; furthermore, they are sent into material gathering room and are gathered.
Core Module Structure Technology
Radio-frequency plasma balling powder producing equipment is constructed with following seven components and peripheral components:
1. Radio-frequency plasma torch;
2. Radio-frequency plasma power supply;
3. Gas supplying and powder feeding system;
4. Reaction room and collection room, frame as well;
5. Vacuum pumping system;
6. Electric controlling and measuring system;
7. Cooling water machine unit.
1. Heating temperature is high, cooling speed is fast, and no electrode pollution is produced;
2. Reaction materials are dynamically dispersed in plasma, in this way it can avoid the accumulation and growth of powders, and it is applied to melting and balling of powder particles;
3. It is applied to preparation of hard-melted metal and oxide powders in high temperature, such as W, Mo, Ti, W, WC, Al2O3, silicon oxide, zirconia and so on;
4. The shape of powder is regular, its balling rate is high, the surface is bright and clean, and also has good flow-ability; The compactness and accumulation density of powder are increased.